Saturday, January 8, 2011

Week One

Week one of my new years resolutions went ok. I ran 3 days this week at the olympic oval. Three days out of the six I was planning on running. At least I ran though right? I have no idea how I'm doing on my 2 mile time because the oval is all screwy and no one even the people that work there can figure out how many times it is around for 2 miles. Its either just under 7 laps or just under 8 laps. Its a different size than a normal track. Anyways, either way I haven't even been at 19:30. I'm frusterated, of course, but one big thing is back around the first of December I did a 1.5 mile run for my cardio class and did it in about 14:30 which another half a mile and I would definetly pass my PT test. However, it was on the treadmill which is nice because I choose a pace and then the treadmill helps me maintain it obviously. I need to figure out how to pace myself.

As far as my losing weight goal...eh not so good. So Monday I weighed my self after my run at 172lbs. My goal weight is 140. To pass the weight part of my PT test I need to be down to at least 165. Today I weighed myself after my run and I was still at exactly 172lbs. Great. I did pretty good as far as eating. I do really well in the morning and eat pretty healthy and then as the day goes on I start to munch and snack more. On Thursday we had a work party thing at Toscanos downtown which is like a buffet and then they bring different kinds of meats around. I did pretty well I didn't eat too much I held back it could have been because my acid reflux is really hitting me really hard this week so needless to say almost every time I eat I get sick so eating somedays eating is not appealing even though I'm hungry...it's weird I don't like it I don't know whats going on. Also, Saturdays at my work they bring in Einstein bagels w/ cream cheese and doughnuts all you can eat. Difficult? Just a bit. Also there is all you can drink water :) which I have in my mug all day. There is also all you can drink juice and soda pop every dang day. For some reason when I'm having a bad day I think Dr. Pepper will make me feel better so on Friday and Saturday I had one glass of Dr. Pepper. Terrible. My goal this week is no more Dr. Pepper period! I don't have to say soda pop because nothing else tempts me. Dr. Pepper(any soda) is really bad because 1 it makes you or at least me gain weight and I can also tell a difference in my running when I don't drink it.I do drink a ton of water though which is great!

Week one went did not go as well as I had hoped but I'm not giving up. I'm sure week two will go even better even with the trip to Ohio and school starting...eye yi yi!We are leaving for Ohio to see Ava for her first b-day on Tuesday night and wont be home until Sunday night/ Monday morning. Jason (my bro) said he will work out with me while we are out there and I'm sure Ben will want to work out too. I also did my situps 3 days this week and pushups. I did 50 situps each day and 20 pushups with a mix of real pushups and girl pushups.The PT test I believe is not until January 31st so I should definetly be able to pass. Another goal I have is to do Yoga twice a week. I know some salutations from my Yoga class last semester and I also have the P90x yoga and another yoga video so plenty of resources. I love doing Yoga and apparently for my blood type its really good for me and it relieves stress. It is great to relieve stress just because and also when your stressed you risk being injured easily and it does not help you lose weight.

Little side note I've made a goal for this week no Facebook until Sunday I'm going to try to do that every week while school is going on. I get so caught up in looking at peoples status' and pictures the time flies and I could have gotten a ton done so we'll see how that goes .Anywhoo...thats all I have for this week. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment