Sunday, January 2, 2011

Funny for the day...Call centers gotta love 'em

As you know both of us work at a call center 1800contacts where people call in to order contacts... obviously. Well not so obvious because you would be surprised how many people call and say "can you give me the number to such and such place?" how do I answer that seriously? Or we get calls for Comcast and because people are out to kill Comcast apparently; after 20 minutes of chewing us out for a charge on there bill we are finally able to get out 2 words and say "this is 1800contacts" "oh sorry" click. Lame!
Anways so we have to be all customer service friendly happy lovely people. Don't know why but I'm always saying "ok perfect" after every answer they give me because the customer is always right... well some people believe it or not only have one eye for real and when they tell me this guess what comes out of my mouth "oh perfect"...silence.
Also we all know what an authorization is on our debit or credit cards correct? Its not an actual charge and once the charge goes through there is no longer an authorization. So I have this guy call in the other day and he demands I remove the authorization from his card.
-I say ok well do you still want your contacts?
-Yes but take of the authorization.
- If I call your bank and take off the authorization your order will be deleted since there was no payment.
-So I want you to take of the authorization.
- Ok do you want your contacts? Yes.
-Then you need to leave the authorization on there until the charge goes through.
- This should be illegal.
-Is there anything else I can do for you today?
Click

1 comment:

  1. Oh I can totally relate. I went through a year and a half of explaining utility bills to people. There should be post traumatic stress treatments for people who work in customer service.

    ReplyDelete