Monday, March 28, 2011

PT Test, Weight Loss, and New Training Plan...UPDATE!.


Took the PT Test this morning…FAIL. Honestly, I have not passed on my own so why would it be different today? I have decided I need to switch up my training plan a little bit and I need to be able to pass consistently with no question before I take the next PT test. I’m not sure what a realistic time frame for this will be but I’m shooting for before June and we’ll go from there. I’m not going to lie I’m extremely frustrated about it all but I have to keep going. Have to! Want to! And I will! So pushups come first if you don’t do the first 10 right they stop you tell you what you are doing are wrong and then you have to go to the back of the line of another grader. So, that’s what happened to me this morning. First time around no go. Got sent to another grader and he counted 12. I need 17. He told me I really need to work on my upper body strength to improve my form. Next up sit-ups. I did 44 I need 50.  Sit-ups for me are easy to get back into as well as easy to lose. I need to just do sit-ups every dang day. Finally the run… I did it in 21:17. Of course I’ve never ran the 2 miles in 19:40 so why would it be different. Same with pushups I’ve never done more than 17 “real” pushups and had a consistent grader with them. So as much as it was frustrating it was also an eye opener.
As far as my weight loss goes I’m back up 2 pounds. However, I start weight watchers at my work tomorrow. My mom is going to do it with me as well so it will be great to have a buddy. So I’ll start updating weekly again.
Ben and I have some exciting things coming up. We are headed to Wyoming this weekend to visit Ben’s brother, Sis in law, and niece. I’ve never been to Wyoming and it will be fun to have a little getaway. The next weekend is the Spring FTX (Field Training Exercise) for the ROTC down at Camp Williams. It is 3 days 2 nights of camping out, rope climbing, ruck marches…it will be great. School will be over in about 4 weeks which is fabulous. I am not going to school over the summer. Ben’s still not sure. We’ve got to get everything set up to go to Westminster in the fall as well. I’m hoping to get Zumba certified in Juneish? Then we’ve got the Utah Valley half marathon June 11. Putting our names in for the St. George marathon in April and the race is the first weekend in October. I guess that’s about it for now.


1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you found my blog and commented! I love reading other people's blogs. It sounds like you are super busy, congrats on your weight loss and hang in there with those goals. I am looking forward to doing some good toning up and weight loss after our baby comes.

    ReplyDelete