Monday, April 4, 2011

Weight Watchers Week One

First week of weight watchers not too shabby. I really enjoy this program but I'm still getting used to it. I'm so used to counting calories and the crazy thing is with weight watchers you don't count calories they take into consideration how much fat, carbs, protein and fiber are in something. It's easy for you body to digest fat and carbs and more difficult with protein and fiber. It's based on a point system. Each food is assigned a point value. I am allowed 30 points a day and no one can have below 29 points a day. You also can use extra points that you get from exercising and you can use an extra 49 points a week if you want. I'm trying just to keep it at the 30 points and not use my extra points. What's hard though is recipes, luckily I have a cool program I can put in the recipe and amount of servings and it gives me the nutrition facts, but also there are so many things you just don't know what the nutrition facts are for them. This weekend we went to Wyoming and I just have to figure out how to somewhat eyeball things and try and figure it out. It's getting a little easier. All fruits are zero points and most vegetables are zero points so that is GREAT! 
I didn't lose any weight this week but I didn't gain which is always acceptable for me at least.  I exercised 5-6 days this week. I start my half marathon training this week as well. I don't know how this week is going to go because Friday, Saturday and Sunday we have the Spring ROTC FTX so it's going to be eating to survive but I'm sure I'll be burning plenty of calories! Also, this weekend down at Camp Williams it's supposed to be wet and cold...Lovely!
[not+exercise+comic.png]

No comments:

Post a Comment