Monday, December 2, 2013

Weapons of Mass Reduction Week 5

Monday: 30 min on the treadmill of inclines and intervals
Tuesday: 1.5 mile run with Duke
Wednesday: Nada
Thursday: Turkey Trot 5K! I finished in 39:24 averaging about an 11:44min/mile (Really happy with this time!) It was about 20ยบ that morning and I dressed really warm. It's better than freezing though! I took off my warm headband and gloves about halfway through the run. I had 2 pairs of socks on, running tights, sweats, sports bra, exercise tee, running long sleeve, and a fleece...


Friday:Nada
Saturday: I did the Nike+ Fitness Assessment on our Kinect and T25 AB Intervals


I felt like I had a sporatic week of eating. On Thanksgiving I just tried to watch my portions but not deprive myself of something because I knew I would just end up craving and binging. Friday I didn't really track my calories. 

Tried to get back on track with counting calories Saturday and Sunday hopefully be back in full swing this week. Now that the 5K is done and over with I need to have something else to "train" for. I like and need to have goals to get me motivated. I've been working in the Insanity workouts a few times a week and I think I'm going to start that program today. 

As of this morning I am down 1.4lbs. Still staying on track to get to that 20 lbs loss by the end of the year. When I started trying to lose weight in the summer I made a list of non-food rewards for each 10 lbs I lost. First on the list when I lose 10lbs I get to have my nails or toenails done! Since its winter time and its easier to paint my toenails than nails I am going to get my nails done! I love having something to look forward too and motivate myself.

Here is my rewards list:
10lbs Nails or toenails done
20lbs Fitbit
30lbs  Under armor or Viewsport clothing item
40lbs- new jeans
50lbs- new workout shoes
60lbs-new outfit/mani and pedi (haven't fully decided yet)


Any ideas or thoughts on some fitness goals I should work towards would be greatly appreciated! I love input and new ideas because my brain doesn't always work at 100%. I've been reading runsforcookies quite faithfully she has an inspiring story and she is always putting together some sort of training plan. She only runs though.. I would like to be well rounded for a better overall fitness for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment