Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 ---> 2014

2013

The major events I guess you could call them would be of course 1) moving to ND. I have never lived outside of Utah let alone 10 minutes from where I grew up so moving to ND was kind of a huge deal for me. As much as I miss our family and that part is the hardest, it really has been such a great experience. I feel like I'm really "finding" myself. I'm enjoying learning about other people and their backgrounds and I've really enjoyed Ben and I being able to just focus on us and our lives together and being able to figure out what's next in our journey. 
2) both of my grandparents on my moms side passing away within a month of each other. I miss them terribly but unfortunately it is part of life. I just wish it wasn't so hard on the rest of us. 
Besides that I can't think of any huge events its been a really crazy year I feel like it really flew past and I know tomorrow is just another day on the calendar but I'm excited for a "fresh start" and for the greatness to come. 


2014

I found this awesome "list" thingy ma bob on Pinterest and I thought it was a great idea instead of writing out resolutions. This past year I may or may not have had a resolution to shave my legs once a week. Ya it gets bad when you have blonde hair because you can't see them as easily. Anywhoo... moving on. So here are some of the topics on the list and what I wrote:

A bad habit I'm going to break:

interrupting people

A new skill I'd like to learn:

cake decorating, teaching Zumba, get better at playing the guitar


A person I'd like to be more like:

Ben, My family, The Dali Lama


A good deed I'm going to do:

I couldn't think of anything to specific but I would like to volunteer and maybe make a quilt for a shelter. And also try and do some sort of good deed no matter how simple or small each day.


A place I'm going to visit:

Kenya,England,New Zealand (We will see what finances allow)

A book I'd like to read:

I have a whole Pinterest board on this as well as a "goodreads" list so I'm just going to try and read at least one book a month. 

A new food I'd like to try:

quinoa (I'm open to suggestions on this one I couldn't think of anything)

No comments:

Post a Comment