Monday, November 25, 2013

Weapons of Mass Reduction Week 4

This week has really been a struggle for me. Just over a week ago on Sunday we went to an open house for a home for sale. The stairs were really narrow and I fell down the stairs and hit my head pretty good on a hard wall. My head was killing me and my neck hurt and I had a bad headache. I probably should have gone and got checked out but I'm kind of weird like that. Monday I still had a bad headache. I was trying to be "tough" and not think too much of it. On Tuesday I asked one of the Dr.'s at the Chiropractor office I work at to look at my neck. She said it was really swollen on my right side and I showed signs of scoliosis. Even after all that I did an Insanity workout on Tuesday. Wednesday I had a terrible headache and my neck was killing me. Thursday I went back to the Dr. they said I was still in bad shape and they didn't want me turning, lifting, etc and said they didn't want me to work my CNA job the next day and gave me a work notice. Went back on Friday Dr. said not to even do light cleaning around the house and to keep ice on my neck as much as possible so exercising was out of the question. So I only got in 1 exercise day this week. I'm feeling frustrated. When I don't exercise eating healthy doesn't sound as appealing. Also, I've been a little bored lately as well not being able to do much so then I start eating because I'm bored. I still logged everything in MFP. I go back to the Dr. today and I'm hoping to be cleared for exercise. I've been icing my neck and taking aleve faithfully. Our Turkey Trot is on Thursday and I want it to be fun! I'm a little worried about the cold but we will be fine! I really really did not want to weigh in this morning like not at all but I did! I knew if I didn't that that would start a habit of not caring as much again and if I didn't see how I had done during the week that I might just give up.

So I wrote all of that last night obviously not to hopeful about the number on the scale this morning...
I'm down 1.8 lbs. SHUT THE FRONT DOOR! Don't know if the scale is broke or what lol but I'm taking it. Honestly, the more I think about it the more it makes sense. Even though it wasn't my best week I'm still eating less calories than I was before, drinking lots of water, and just being aware of what I'm eating. Like when we go out to eat I think twice before ordering. I try and choose the healthier option even though it still might be higher in calories. I'm really happy. I had such a frustrating week without being able to exercise so for that to work out really motivates me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment