Monday, November 4, 2013

Weapons of Mass Reduction Week 1

Last year around this time my sis in law Karlie invited me to do a Holiday Fitness Challenge with her. A friend of hers started a Facebook page and we all contributed $3 to the pot and were paired up with someone in the group. Everyone would post during the fitness challenge motivating quotes what there workouts were looking like that day/week what they were struggling with etc. There were 3 categories that you could win: Biggest Loser (based on % lost) Best fitted Jeans and Mr/Mrs. Energy. I stayed involved in the discussion but really did not put a lot of effort into it and I don't think I really changed my workout habits. So anyways I chose to do the challenge again this year. I invited some of my friends and family to also join this year. Ben is doing it with me and is in my group. This year instead of $3 we each did $10. I believe our Biggest loser pot is at $350 and then the best fitted jeans is $150 and then Mr/Mrs. Energy is some gift cards and fun stuff. This week was the first week of the challenge. Between my plantar fasciitis GERD and just not feeling as healthy I'm really excited to get back to my healthy self. The group is amazing. I was worried about not working out on Tuesday so I posted on the group page to give me crap if I didn't work out and I had multiple comments encouraging me to get my work out in! It was great! We are all trying to better ourselves and stay healthy through the crazy holidays. This week went really well for me. I have started using myfitnesspal again I have it set at 2lbs per week which puts me at about 1200 calories a day. When I exercise I get extra calories for what I have burned. Some days I use them some days I don't. Here is what my workouts looked like this week:

Tuesday: Went for a run outside. Got a 12:20 mile time which is awesome for me! I went 1.5 miles
Love my new headband for cold running days.
I took this pic and posted it on the groups page so they knew I was out and running.

Wednesday: Same as Tuesday and then also did Jillian Michaels : 6 week 6 pack Abs level 1. It was intense but I liked it! Excited to see how much I can progress. The entire workout is on Youtube!!! Awesome! So give it a try if you want a free good workout!
Thursday: I did T25 lower body focus! Wow! Awesome!
Friday: Insanity's Recovery. I thought it was going to be a little bit more "relaxed". Silly me. It was yoga and stretching mixed with pushups and planks! Whoo good workout though and I finished.
Saturday: Insanity's Fit Test. Ben did it with me. Whoo it was rough but another awesome workout! We also took Duke for about 1.5 mile walk that evening.

As of this morning I am down 3.2 lbs. I'm going to try and weigh in once a week but sometimes its hard not to do more.

My goals for this challenge are:

Lose 15lbs
For the 5K on Thanksgiving morning run it in 35 min or less
Be able to do 5 real pushups. I'm really going to focus on cutting down on sugars and carbs ahh! So rough! I want to up my protein at least 50 grams a day of good protein.





No comments:

Post a Comment