Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Mom P's B-day, Lindsey's B-day and Halloween!

My (Lindsey) parents came and visited us in ND for a few days over mine and my mom's b-day. They got here on Friday Oct. 25 which is my mom's b-day. I picked them up from the airport, pretty sure its one of the smallest airports ever. We went back to the house and hung out while we waited for Ben to get off of work. My parents were being so silly they had their ipad and their phones and were Facebooking and making me laugh so hard. They said they never have time to do that because they are always so busy. We had a great "life" talk. I love my parents they are some of my best friends. I am so lucky I am literally able to talk to them about everything and anything I love it.
When Ben got home we went to dinner at Famous Dave's It was delicious. When we got home we watched TV and a movie and sang happy birthday to my mom and had cake. 

Saturday morning we all slept in. Then we went to the only doughnut shop (that I can find) in Bismarck. We bought 1 of every doughnut! It was 3 boxes of doughnuts!!! 
Went back home ate doughnuts and the guys tried to figure out how to work a clay pigeon shooter we bought. Then it was off to shoot the shotgun. We only had to drive about 20 min and it was a nice/safe outdoor range. The clay pigeon thrower worked once and then we lost a screw so we just threw them with the handheld one for the rest of the time. Oh my goodness I love shooting!!! The shotgun is a blast! (no pun intended). My mom was a little worried but she did great! And guess who shot the clay pigeon on her very first shot of the day...Thats right me! I am a redneck woman :D 
My mom shooting the gun.
Then we drove down the road a little more and went to a lake to go fishing. We only had one fishing pole. We didn't end up catching anything but it was a gorgeous day and it was just us there. Duke was extremely happy to be there. We let him off his leash and he went crazy! He was playing in the sand and running around he absolutely loved it! And then we heard a splash...poor Duke had fallen in the lake. Ben went running down and was able to pull him out. He was fine. We weren't sure whether to laugh or feel sorry for Duke. It was hilarious but Duke was also so scared when he was in the water. He dried off on the sand and stayed a little bit further away from the lake from then on. That night we went to Olive Garden for dinner! Yum! I threw up in the parking lot after because my GERD was bugging me so bad! Lame! Then we went and saw a movie and got milk to have doughnuts with in the morning.
Me fishing. Like my new hair color?!

Sunday, Oct. 27 My b-day! My cute nieces in Ohio called me in the morning. They wanted to know if I had a computer and if I would like to talk on the computer (Skype). So cute! They sang happy birthday to me and told me stories. Loved it! We all took showers and got ready for the day. We wanted to go shop and look around at the mall but since we live in such a small town the mall doesn't open till noon! At the mall I got a really warm hoodie and a super warm coat that I got a great deal on! Went back home took a nap, ordered pizza and watched a movie! My parents left early the next morning! We had such a fun weekend!
My mom modeling my new coat.

Me in my new hoodie with the tag still on.

For Halloween we didn't do anything special. We did dress up and we looked Awesome! We only got one trick or treater and it was a lady from the ward with her son. We stayed warm inside and watched scary movies.



No comments:

Post a Comment