Sunday, July 28, 2013

There are still nice people in this world...even at Walmart.

On Saturday I was doing a shopping trip at Walmart. I started out getting a lawn chair that I've been wanting and Duke's food. Just those two items alone took one cart so I had to leave that cart at customer service and use another one for the rest of the shopping. Based on the amount of groceries I had ot probably looked like I had 5 kids at home a dog and a husband! There was a lady probably in her 50's with her husband standing behind me in the checkout line. They had ONE item. I told them or they could go ahead of me. She offered to watch my cart while I went and grabbed the other cart. When I came back I started making small talk about how I was glad to be getting this out of the weekend and its one more thing to cross off my "to do" list. She said not to worry and take it one thing at a time and if you don't finish your list that's OK. She also told me to learn to say "No" to people and I don't need yo give them a reason I'm an adult. It was so crazy because I really needed to hear those things and she had no idea of my situation. I thought it was really sweet of her. Also, to meet such a nice person at Walmart on a Saturday is just amazing. One of those moments that restores your faith in humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment