Monday, February 14, 2011

Week Six

Monday Workout PT Test - 2 mile run, push-ups, sit-ups
Tuesday Workout - Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred Week 1, talk about kicking my butt! Mix of cardio, strength training and abs.
Wednesday Workout- For PT we did circuit training for 45 min. 1 min at each station 10 second break between each one.

  1. Medicine Ball Squats. Hold ball squat throw ball against wall and catch coming back to squat position.
  2. Wall Sits. Hands grasped in front of you not on your hips or thighs as low as you can.
  3. Crunches
  4. Lunges
  5. Dip push-ups. Put your hands on a yoga block or something stable a few inches of the ground and then do push-ups as far down as you can go.
  6. Plank
7. Burpees. My fav!
8. Swimmer. Lay on your stomach Same leg as arm reach both of the ground and then switch. Careful
if you do it on hard floor it can bruise your hips if you don't have a mat or something.
9. Back Dips. It's hard to explain these ones. Heres the position and just use your arms to move your
body up and down.
10.Jump rope. It's a classic.
Just keep rotating through the exercises until times up!
Thursday Workout - Zumba, Stretching, and ROTC lab which is always a workout walking around doing battle drills and such. We were running up and down hills this week up at the key hole which is right by Red Butte Gardens. It was a lot of fun though too.
Friday Workout - Running/Jogging at Sugarhouse Park for PT. We go 2 times around normally which is about 3-3.5 miles.
I did pretty well on eating this week. In my nutrition class we did a "fast food assignment" where we figured all the calories in a meal that we would normally get from our favorite fast food restaurant and then we were supposed to find something healthier to eat instead. Pretty much the whole class put down they would get a salad instead of their favorite thing. My teacher made a great point. She said we go get fast food for a reason. We don't go get fast food to get a salad so how realistic is that change going to be. The key is smaller portion sizes. Everyone biggie sizes EVERYTHING. Ben and I went to Arby's one night and I ordered the kids meal. I still got the roast beef sandwich and the curly fries but in a much smaller portion size and believe it or not it was the PERFECT portion size for me. It filled me up.
However, I did something not so great this week. I had diet dr. pepper a few times. Towards the end of the week I was so burned out and I didn't have any of my crystal light energies on me so I broke down. Terrible. I went for the diet because it has zero calories but it still has carbonation and it's still not great for you. I'll be fine this week though I promise!
I found this awesome website thanks to my nutrition class of course. It's called nutri calc plus and it tells you not only the calories you consume but all the other nutrients and what you should be consuming. You can add in foods if they are not in the system and the best part is you can add in recipes. So you put in the recipe and put in how many servings it makes and it tells you the nutrition facts for the recipe. LOVE IT!
Don't know if I've mentioned it all *wink,wink* but I absolutely love my nutrition class I am taking this semester. It is so interesting. I know I'm all over the place but one of the big things for me with this weight loss fiasco I'm on is to prove you don't need to "diet" or absolutely take anything out that you love to lose weight. Yes you can do the fad diets and lose a bunch of pounds or maybe not lose anything but at the end of the day have you made any life changes? Are you exercising more? After the fad diet did you go back to your normal eating habits? I just see so many people that lose weight on these things and then are back on another fad diet a few months later. Don't get me wrong I am tempted still to do something like the HCG. I keep telling myself if I do the HCG and suck it up for 30-45 days and eat only 500 calories and give my self drops or shots THEN I'll be happy. But I don't think I will. This journey that I am on right now needs to be a lifestyle change. I need to come to grips with my challenges with food and working out and find something that works for me that I can continue to do for pretty much the rest of my life. Saying that... I understand I am not always going to lose weight each week and yes it's frustrating I know I"m not going to lose a pound a day. But hopefully and it it hasn't so far feel like I'm on a diet or depriving myself of things I love. I love to workout. I love the feeling I get from it. It is hard some days to work it in to my busy schedule but I feel so much better when I do. Same with eating. I love certain foods that are not great for me but I'm also not just going to give them up. I either need smaller portions of them and in moderation or find a healthy alternative that I love just as much if not more.
Enough of that for today sorry to get off on that here is the final summary of this weeks weigh loss and exercise:

In Summary days of workout this week- 5:6
Weight Loss: 1.5lbs
Final Weigh in: 169.5








No comments:

Post a Comment