Friday, February 21, 2014

Utah Day 5 & 6

Wednesday most of us woke up earlyish and went to the gym. 


After, we had a yummy breakfast and then some of them went shooting. Ben and I stayed home. It was raining and hailing outside so they were going to an indoor range to shoot the handguns and I really prefer to shoot the shotgun and the rifles outside (and not have to pay to shoot my own gun). So Ben napped and I worked on updating our blog :D Jason, Karlie, and Josslyn went to lunch with Karlie's family. My dad had to run some errands and my mom was at work. Ben and I went over to see Morgan and Spencer's place. They are living in my grandma and grandpa Smith's old house. They put in new flooring and new appliances and painted it and it looks awesome. The boys played some video games and Morgan and I played Ticket to Ride: Norwegian. It is such a fun game. They have U.S. one and a Europe one as well. That evening we went to an Olympic Weightlifting gym just to check it out and get a tour and such. The guy who owns the gym has trained Olympic power lift gold medalists. It was a really cool gym. Kind of like a "garage" type of gym. Jason loved it! After we checked out the gym we went to Crown Burgers a family favorite. I remember meeting my dad for lunch and going there, good memories!  I took a picture of frysauce so my friends in ND didn't think it was just something I made up and it was actually served at restaurants. 

That evening we watched the new Superman. Ben and I bailed early and went to bed.

Thursday morning we went out to breakfast at the Black Bear Diner. It's really fun place to eat. Then we drove up to Fruit Heights/Kaysville to visit with my grandma Parry. My Aunt Marcia was there as well. My grandma hasn't been doing so well lately so I'm glad we were able to go see her. I wanted to get a picture with her and she kept sticking out her tongue and then telling me that's what we were doing but then I took the picture and she wasn't sticking out her tongue! HA! Oh grandma! My dad told her that everyone in the world would be able to see that picture in a matter of minutes so she took my phone and teased that she was going to throw it away! 

Josslyn found a really cute hat that looked like a tiger and it had mittens and everything. It was my Aunt Beckie's so when she got home from work she saw Josslyn wearing it and told her she "needed" to have it and take it home. Joss was ecstatic. She fell asleep on the car ride home and wore it while napped. Too cute! 

That evening we just hung out at home and had some more great talks. Jason made everyone homemade pizza and then my mom made cinnamon rolls! It is recipe passed down on my dad's side.



We always eat the cinnamon rolls right out of the oven with fresh cream cheese frosting and milk! YUMMY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment