Monday, February 17, 2014

Trip to Utah Day 1 & 2

We left for Utah about 630pm on Friday the 14th. We had talked about just driving to Billings,MT staying the night and then driving the rest of the way. We weren't even 20 minutes into the drive when we started talking about just doing it in one shot. Around 1030 11ish I dozed off and slept until about 5am and then took over and drove the rest of the way to SLC. 
Duke wasn't really "feeling" the road trip anymore.

When we arrived at my parents house they were the only ones there since everyone wasn't expecting us until later that night. It was nice to just have some time with them and chat and catch up on things. We let Morgan (my lil sis) know we were there and her and Spencer came right over! My mom made us delicious oatmeal for breakfast. A little while later Jason, Karlie, and Josslyn came home. Jason and Karlie had stayed at a hotel for Valentines night and Josslyn spent the night at her other grandma's house. It was so fun to have everyone there and the weather was gorgeous! It was about 60 degrees!!! 
Me, Josslyn, and Morgan
I really think my body was in shock. We played games and I played dolls with Josslyn and we just sat around and talked. That night we went to Ben's parents house because we haven't seen them forever and his whole family was going to be in town as well. His dad made some amazing pork that we made burritos and nachos with and again just sat around watched the little ones play and talked all about some fun topics religion,politics etc.

On Sunday I woke up first and got started on my homework, I knew it was going to take me forever with all the distractions going on. Once everyone started waking up and Morgan and Spencer came over my parents and brother made us a delicious breakfast of pancakes, bacon, and eggs. I continued to work on homework for most of the day and I'm not too sure what all was going on around me. I know that they all watched the movie Captain Phillips  (would highly recommend) while Josslyn was napping. Also, meatloaf was made. When I finally finished my homework for the day we started a game of Ticket to Ride:Europe. So fun! I had a blast playing it! It got a little heated but thats what makes it exciting! After that everything started settling down for the evening and we tried to make a plan of what we wanted to do Monday.


My oldest brother Jason and I. We can't take a serious picture that would just be ridiculous! He is deploying to Korea next week and will be gone for 1year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment