Sunday, January 10, 2016

Getting fit in 2016!

I know I know. Every year I'm like "I'm going to lose weight blah blah blah". So anyways I finally feel like I'm in a good position to really get there this year. With the holidays over with I feel like things are calming down and I can really focus. With that being said I don't know how often I am going to do an update whether it be weekly, monthly or just randomly. I had a really awesome first week. I lost 2.8 lbs! I only worked out maybe like twice?! (I'm hoping to start fitting working out to my schedule because not only do I want to lose weight but I want to be fit ya know?) My goal is really to lose 10lbs a month which is reasonable. That should put me at my goal weight in about August. Yes i have about 70lbs to lose. I'm using myfitnesspal because I know how it works, they pretty much have every food in their database and I'm just use to it. It works for me. I follow a fitness trainer on Facebook and she said that she usually sets her settings to be about 40% carbs, 40% protein, and 20% fat so thats what I have mine at right now. Man do I NOT get enough protein. That is a huge goal for me! More protein for sure!  I love that I can manipulate myfitnesspal to these settings. So this is what my goals look like for now. 

Calories
1330
Carbohydrates 133 g
40 %
Fat 30 g
20 %
Protein 133 g
40 %

A few things about myfitnesspal that I've learned is that I have my Fitbit synced to it so depending on how many steps I take it may adjust my calorie intake because of the calories burned from walking. I love that I can see how many calories it did adjust so I know if I want to use those or not. I don't always. Same with when I enter my workouts it gives me "X" amount of calories I can add to my diet. I don't usually use those calories maybe once or twice a week and even then I don't use all of them. Also, I am going to take off my Fitbit when exercising because I think it would be sort of double tracking to where it. Plus if my arms move a lot the Fitbit thinks I'm getting steps when I'm not. It's funny like that. 

Another big thing for me this week is I got my hair cut and my nails done. It felt really good. I just needed a minute to really take care of myself. Once I felt good about myself it motivated me to want to continue to be fit. I know a lot of people use those things as rewards for losing a certain amount of weight or what not but I needed to feel good about myself now so that I wanted to continue to feel better.

When we lived in North Dakota I would go to classes at the gym they were part of LesMills. I loved them!!! They had weightlifting, cycling, kickboxing etc. Loved Loved Loved them. I was pretty bummed when I tried to find some in Salt Lake and none were to be found. I started doing research online and found out you can stream them on demand. I started my free trial today and I LOVED IT! I may end up paying the $10 a month so I can have access to them. 

The photos from the week below:

Left photo: Me super sweaty after 30 minutes of bodycombat! (There was punching and kcicking and I loved it!) I think I have an inner boxer in me. No joke!

Middle photo: A new found favorite breakfast food. Kodiak cakes whole grain flap jack with raspberry jam and banana and 2 slices of thick cut bacon. If you haven't tried Kodiak cakes I would highly recommend them. They have a good amount of protein and taste delicous. They have 3 different options to make them to depending on how much protein you want in them. 


Right photo: me taking a before pic to look at and compare with. 





No comments:

Post a Comment