Friday, January 1, 2016

Halloween,Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years...

Yup I'm just going to bundle them all into one. With us having our own place we got super excited about being able to have people over and such. First, we decided to throw a Halloween party. My little sis Morgan helped with this one. Unfortunately not a ton of pics were taken or at least that I have access too. We basically just had music playing, a photo backdrop, food, games and just sat around and hung out. The night before we had gone to a friends Halloween party until about 3am so I don't know if I would recommend doing that and then hosting your own party but we did and it ended up being a lot of fun! 
Ben was a hunter and I'm a deer. 
Next up Thanksgiving...yup we hosted. It was my first time cooking the turkey. I had my dad on facetime and texted him throughout the day for his help. I think everyone really enjoyed it. I had a lot of fun cooking and preparing. Most of Ben's family was able to make it. His mom had to work though. We had tons of food and it was a really good time. Totally did not get a pic of the finished turkey. Everyone said it was delicious though. 
Top Left: The table setting (Ben's dad said it was the nicest setup he's ever seen.
Top Right: Cheyenne, Aaron (her bf) and Clint (Ben's dad)
Bottom Left: Some of the glorious food!
Bottom Middle: Me and my nephew Lincoln. He loved watching himself in the camera.
Bottom Right: Bentley and Alexis (Our nephew and niece) passed out after all the food and fun.
Morgan, my little sis. Had a fun get together at her and her husband Spencer's house. It was an ugly sweater/cookie exchange/white elephant. We had a blast dancing to Just Dance, doing a 10pm taco run, and trying to pop the bottom off of bottles. Good times! 
Top Photo: Mitch (Ben's brother) Alex (Mitch's Fiance) Me, Ben, Morgan (My lil sis) Spencer (Morgan's husband)
Bottom Left: Morgan and I
Bottom Middle: Ben and I
Bottom Right: Alex and I
Our stockings. I thought what Yuto wrote on hers was hilarious.
Ben and I decided to invite all the siblings on both sides over on Christmas Eve just to hang out. It was a lot of fun having everyone over. We played games including Monopoly which we did not finish LOL We called it our trial run. Oh yeah and Ben and I got an exchange student on December 19th. Her name is Yuto. We are excited to have her. She is very sweet but also has a great sense of humor. She hung out with all of us on Christmas Eve as well.
Playing Monopoly


From the left: Me, Morgan, Spencer, Yuto, Alex, Mitch, Ben, Cheyenne, Jesse and his friend Sean. Not shown:
Mr. Duke
Christmas we kept pretty chill. We mostly hung out at home. In the afternoon we went to Ben's parents house and then in the evening had dinner with Morgan and Spencer.

New Years we also kept pretty chill. Ben and I ate breakfast burritos and watched movies and went to bed before midnight. 

I love that this year and especially these last few months over the holidays we were able to spend with some of our siblings. It's a lot of fun to hang out with everyone. I don't think we will be hosting anything for a while now though. Our house needs a minute to recover and so do we :) Duke gets an honorable mention for being a good sport with having everyone over so much. Everyone loves him and he would just chill and hang out with all of us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment