Tuesday, March 22, 2016

"Tri"ing in 2016

I have the triathlon bug thats for damn sure! I signed up for the indoor triathlon series at KOPFC. My long time friend Kim also signed up with me. If you sign up for all 3 you get some fun swag and you can also see your progression. Its a little bit of a different type of triathlon. One: Its all inside. Two: Its based on how far you go in a certain amount of time versus you have "x" distance to go and see how long it takes you. You swim for 15, Bike for 25 and run for 20. I've also been working on actually training. I've done a couple of wogs (walk/jogs) around the neighborhood as well as a couple of bike rides. I purchased a bike trainer but have not quite set it up yet...I have also been trying to go to a Masters Swim class at least once a week. It is super helpful. There is a swim coach there who helps you with your form and gives you drills. You are swimming for an hour! Its a great workout! 


Triathlon #1 in January results: 
Swam 22 25 meter lengths = 550 meters
Biked 8 miles
Wogged  1 1/4 miles

My dad was in town and came and watched/supported! Also check out my sweet headband!

Triathlon # 2 February results:
Swam 22 25 meter lengths = 550 meters
Biked 9.9 miles! 
Wogged  1 1/4 miles

We got matching shirts and everyone called us team Wonder Woman

Triathlon #3 March results:
Swam 23 25 meter lengths= 575 meters
Biked 9.4 miles
Wogged Just over 1 1/4 miles.

These mini triathlons are such a great way to start out the season. I love the way it is set up and it is very low key as well. Kim and I signed up for the Icebreaker on Saturday in American Fork. I'm hoping to do as many sprint triathlons this year as my bank account and body will allow. I am really hoping to continue training and hope to see improvement in my races overall.

Progress not Perfection

No comments:

Post a Comment