Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Grandma Smith

My grandma (my mom's mom) passed away on Tuesday July 30th. She passed away in the arms of my dad. Instead of dwelling on the sadness of it all and how much I miss her and how rough it is somedays I just wanted to write down some of my memories of my grandma.My brothers and my sister and I were her only grandkids and so we were very close with her. 

She was an amazing person! She was so much fun! I remember having sleepovers at my grandparents house and watching the Utah Jazz games. My grandma would get all sorts of treats ready for us and put them in bowls. She would hold her hand up like she was covering the basketball hoop when the opposing team tried to make a shot in hopes the ball would "bounce" off her hands. When the score got too close she would go into the other bedroom but then turn the TV in on there because she couldn't stand to watch it. 

She made amazing food. One of my favorites was her maraschino Cherry Salad without the Cherries. It's made with whip cream, jello, and velveeta cheese. Kind of weird sounding I know but its delicious!

Whenever anyone had sickness or an injury like a headache or something she would rub your head in one motion. Like across your forehead pick up her hand and then across your forehead. When it felt better,which it always did, she would then wash her hands to get the pain out of her hands. I loved it. I always knew grandma could make me feel better.  

She loved to fish and be outside. She loved cacti and roadrunners. She loved to garden and always took really great care of her lawn. 


Unfortunately, she suffered from Alzheimers so I am happy that she is out of pain and confusion. Miss you Grams. 


My grandma and I fishing

Grandma and I

Me,my mom, and my grandma


No comments:

Post a Comment