Thursday, May 9, 2013

Say What?!

This really shouldn't come as a surprise to most you since our lives are seriously so random and crazy. We are moving to North Dakota!! I've taken some of the most likely asked questions and written them with answers (Thanks Valerie for this idea).

Why are you moving? Ben was offered a job up there. They pay extremely well and offer to reimburse him for some certifications he has been wanting to get. He will be testing asphalt and concrete. And...why not? We don't have anything tying us down no kids, we don't own a home.

When are you leaving? Ben has to be up there by May 16th. We are leaving sometime between Tuesday the 14th and Wednesday the 15th.

How long will you be up there for? Ben had to commit to work up there for 5 months. If he wants he can come back to Utah and work for the same company after that time. It all depends on how much we like it and if Ben likes his job up there.

Will you still be able to go to school? Yes I am taking classes for my pre-requisites for nursing online through Weber State. Everything is online except the tests and I am able to get them proctored to me in North Dakota. 

What city will you be living in? To start out we are renting a duplex in Bismark,ND. (hopefully, the details are still pending)

Will Lindsey be working? I am hoping to find a job. I honestly like working and I do not want to get bored. 

Can you come visit? Of course! Just give us a decent amount of notice.

Are you going to miss your family? So freaking much! But I am sure they will come up to visit and we will be down to see them as well.

How are you feeling about this? Nervous, Excited, Scared, Stressed... I think its going to be a great experience. I'm excited to have an adventure in a new place. It is very stressful though with finals at school, finding a place to live, packing, moving in general. 


3 comments:

  1. This is exciting news! I am so glad you get to have some fun adventures. I think it strengthens a family to be all on your own for awhile. Sean and I have gotten so much closer since we have moved away=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I could help :)

    Good luck with everything. I love living out of state. It's a fun adventure. And thanks to blogs, facebook, skype, cell phones, etc my relationship with 90% of my friends and family really hasn't changed that much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouraging words ladies! I'm excited.

    ReplyDelete