Thursday, December 18, 2008

When one door closes another one opens... bigger and better :)

So as of monday I lost my job. Yes I was another victim to this stupid economy goodness going on lately. They gave me no notice no nothing and then they wouldn't pay me for last week but I won that battle! :D Dont mess! Luckily I was planning on leaving this job anyways so for the past month or so I have been applying at all sorts of places.
Right after I get off the phone aruging with some stupid lady about what hours I worked I'm crying to Ben (bless his heart) and my phone rings and it's Discover Card asking me for an interview! So after five hours at discover card...lots of papers, drug test, follwing people finger prints, and picture for a badge I was hired!!! YAY! I start on January 12, 2009! I will be working in the mornings. Medical and dental benfits start the first day along with 90% tuition reimbursement! YAY! So I'm really excited!
Unfortunately Ben is still stuck in his crappy job so we are working on getting him something new :) I hope soon. He's amazing though so I am sure he will get an amazing job :D And no matter what I love him dearly.
So for the next 3 weeks I'm doing the home thing and just getting lots of nick nackish stuff done. Trying to save money not spend a lot even though its the holidays! So thanks to BEN for all his support as well as my fam!

2 comments:

  1. oh my. I know so many people that work there. let me know how you like it. congrats!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly how you feel. I am started my job as a subsitute in like three weeks, and David is at work all day so I have to get creative with how to use my time. I think I will start kniting. Hey if you wanna talk just call me. Good Luck with your new job!

    ReplyDelete