Thursday, September 11, 2008

Funny Thing Happened at Work Today... Too much Estrogen?

So... as you all may or may not know I work at Western Governors University. I am in the records department and I do the incoming transcripts. It's a pretty fast pace type of job. It definetly keeps me busy. I like it. I love telling Ben all my stories from work. He laughs and says "oh linds so much estrogen flying around your work it's hillarious!" It makes ME laugh because I never would have thought of some of these events as being "girly".
So... I went into the break room to make some soup for lunch. Ok well open the can, put it in a bowl, and then microwave it. Anyways... so I had brought some styrofoam bowls to put it in. Well first of all sorry I need to back track. I forgot a can opener so I had to find one in the break room and I did but it was kinda a how do you say it... disfunctional can opener. Ya thats the word. So instead of just turning the handle and it opening the can I had to just keep pressing it into the can sort of like scissors. Good stuff. ANYWAYS... so I am about to put it in my bowl and this girl mid twenties or so comes running over and says DO NOT PUT YOUR SOUP IN THERE! I'm very surprised I didn't jump and spill my precious can of soup all down the front of here... geez lady calm down! So I say to her why not? And she starts flipping out and talks to me for about ten minutes about how when styrofoam or plastic gets hot the chemicals from it seep into whatever is in the bowl, bottle, etc. and it can give you CANCER! Apparently... she says thats how a certain rockstar lady don't remember her name died because she left her water bottle in her car it got warm and then she drank the water and she got cancer. What the heck? So she found me a non plastic non styrofoam bowl supposedly and says sorry I'm not trying to tell you what to do I just don't want YOU to get cancer....

??? Estrogen + Looking at a computer too long + OCD + breakroom = CRAZINESS!!!

I'm more than positive I will have some more fun stories soon so stay tuned ladies and lads...

No comments:

Post a Comment