Monday, October 17, 2011

Life isn't about the destination but the journey that gets us there...


Ain't that the truth.

So Ben and the Army. Well the day he was supposed to leave for basic training he went in for a required shipping medical exam and they found some issues with his knees? Long story short they medically discharged him and he was never even able to ship to basic.

I am working at Intermountain Healthcare as a CNA. I'm in the float pool which means for each shift I get sent where they need me between 4 different hospitals and about 13 different floors. It's nice because I learn so much in each different department. I kind of wish I was in one single department though sometimes. I'm also working graveyards which is really messing with my sleep schedule. I work 3 12 hour shifts. I do whats called "sitting" a lot. I'm assigned 1 patient and I sit in or outside their room and monitor them. Since I work graves they are usually sleeping. I get a lot of reading done. I do enjoy my job most days though. However, don't ask me my nursing/career plans cause I have no flipping idea and I might freak out on you!

Ben is also working at Intermountain Healthcare. We are awesome like that! He is a registrar which is basically checking people in. Right now he is only trained in ER (I'm a tad jealous) but he is scheduled to be  trained in other departments. He loves his job! He is only on call right now but is waiting for full time positions to open up.

We are scheduled to run the Provo Halloween Half Marathon on the 29th of this month. So... last time we did the salt lake marathon I trained hard core I never missed a date. This time around ... not so great. Saturday Ben and I were like we need to run so we decided to run from our apartment to my parents house which is about 6.5 miles...we did it. It was more of a run walk but we did it. I'm a little sore but it felt so good! I think I'm going to dress up as an 80's chic not sure if Ben's dressing up or not.

We are both taking Biology this semester. IT SUCKS! Power points are the worst! That's all my teacher does. 4 tests and attendance is extra credit that is all your grade consists of. LAME!

And that's Life...As we know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment